Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Elsewhere on offer




What I offered.

A little while back, striving to introduce narrative-rigor into my choppy blog voice, I tried to write a piece for the travel site BootsnAll.com.

Drawing heavily from observations made here and doodly notes, I compiled something I'd hoped read as a loosely-joined series of lyrical a-lightings across the sub-continent. The editors of Bootsnall were not lyrically set-alit and beside taking a heavy editing hand to the piece, they also roundly told-me off for thinking myself bigger than narrative conventions.

Here's what ended up going live - my India grab-bag: Pieces of India on Bootsnall.

(Mea culpas made, I do challenge anyone to "write" India as something that could be consecutive...)

c - admittedly not that linear in the west either

No comments: