Monday, August 8, 2005

Bulgaria or bust

"Creative Nation"

Blog woes continue - Blogger's not interested in my formatting issues so for archive/profile infrormation, to scroll way down.

In meantime, soldiering on with posts.

Photo above c/o R who's been diligently bugging Bulgarin-based contacts to help me with my travel article pitches.

Scenario:
I spend the day trolling about Bulgarian travel sites, deciphering Cyrillic to the extent I can determine a site's usefullness, mining my few Bulgarian travel guides.

Throughout day, with a concentrated flutter at the very end, I skype/email R with my latest finds.

R pesters friends (ostensibly on vacation, like the rest of Europe):
"Courtney's found X-hotel in X, is there anything similiar/newer/more newsworthy in Y?

And so it goes...
Got one live pitch out tonight. Will regroup tomorrow and work on more.

Bulgarian Word of the day:
Bashibazouks: Murderous bands of pomaks and Turks, employed to punish rebellions against th Ottoman Empire. Essentially, Turkish mercenaries...



Balkan-on-the-brain, c

No comments: