Thursday, December 2, 2004

Home again, home again

NEW YORK
West 16th Street, my couch

An un-exotic sign-in local - but home. NPR on the kitchen radio (missed), pot of green tea (Asian affect, sure to lapse), laundry being dealt with down the block and lunch meeting at the Asia Society. Fall back into the normal, the routines, so quickly - terrifyingly so.

Drinks last night with Cin and Ian at Cedar Tavern, quickly jet lag buzzed - a fun new trick. Jet lag dying off now, up early but not as giddy as yesterday. Tan face fading, read AM New York and Metro on the subway this morning and did a Starbucks sit in yesterday. Yawn - all so normal and quickly assumed. Have to keep pinching myself, and looking at the pictures (which I will share, soon) and gaze at my luggage tags to remind myself of all that went before.

Miss travel,
adventure,
heat and all new stuff every morning.
Also miss taking photos - went to the post office yesterday to retrieve a month's worth of mail (= triplicate crap from the pushy folks at William & Sonoma) and was thinking - oy, if I was in an Indian post office I'd be snapping away, everything would be charming and different and exotic but here, in my 18th street local PO - it's not noteworthy, to me. No fun. Must rediscover the exotic in my own neighborhood (of course) but give me some time.

More thoughts on the travels to come, more to be said.

Love from home.

C

No comments: